Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Trying to find a balance


A tricky thing is balancing stocking and customs. Customs are always on our minds because we know how anxious people are to get their fluff in the mail. But we like to have stockings too so that we can try out new things and see what the response will be. We are new at this so I’m sure that we will get it all sorted out and find the balance we need to keep going.
The other day Rowan came to visit. He is 4 and his new favourite thing to do is to dye yarn with me. He doesn’t love the swift but the ball winder is a hit! And how do you answer a question like this “what will happen if I mix all the dyes together?” Check out his creations – Rowan 1 and Rowan 2 in my Hyena Cart store.
Some of the best parts of being involved in Smartypants is the feedback. When we get a picture of a baby in one of our creations it makes us all so happy. Stories of toddlers not wanting to take off their shorties are even better! Thanks to all the customers who make this a job that brings great joy to us!

3 comments:

Shea said...

I LURVE Rowan 2!!!! I was just looking at that one yesterday. Maybe you can get him to to that again when my custom slot comes up;) I would absoutely love to have those colors in some longies and a hat!!! YUMMY

SmartypantsKnits said...

Hi Shea, I'm taking it off the market and saving it for your custom!

Shea said...

YAY!!!!!! I am SO thrilled:)